In this article, I show you how to write a blog post outline with ChatGPT-4. It takes less than 20 seconds. Prepare to be blown away!
Chat GPT-4 vs Bard.
ChatGPT-4 is the next revolutionary artificial intelligence tool developed by OpenAI, and it has polarized not only the content writing and SEO industries, but Western society as a whole.
Some fear that it’s inevitable that we human meat bags will be replaced by robots (I for one embrace our new technocratic overlords), while others think it will help to advance human innovation.
Many industry gurus believe ChatGPT-4 is a technological terror that threatens our livelihoods, while a few embrace the productive opportunities it offers.
OpenAI passed 100 million users and is predicted to make $ 200 million by the end of 2023. Additionally, Microsoft invested $ 1 billion in the technology which has since led to Bing Chat deploying GPT-3.5 functionality.
There’s a palatable buzz surrounding AI and everyone from Joe Rogan to your sweet ol’ granny is talking about ChatGPT-4 and the eventual fate of humanity.
Google knows this.
Right now, boffins at Google are actively training AI to hunt down artificial content on websites and -according to their most recent guidelines- penalise them with lower rankings in search.
It’s somewhat ironic (and altogether unsurprising…) that in March 2023 Google rolled out a lightweight version of Bard, a rival OpenAI’s ChatGPT-4.
It’s at this point that you may begin to question Google’s motives.
However, as website owners, we’re bound to Google’s guidelines as they are our primary source of free organic search traffic.
The rise of GPT-4: A new era in blog content.
GPT-4, or Generative Pre-trained Transformer 4, is a deep-learning language model that can produce text that mirrors human language with uncanny accuracy.
With its massive 100 trillion parameters (GPT-3 has a mere 175 million), it surpasses other AI tools in its ability to create coherent and contextually accurate content.
Emotion and storytelling in the age of GPT-4.
As a conversion rate optimisation expert who relies on consumer psychology, I am particularly interested in the role of emotion and storytelling in human communication.
GPT-4 is undoubtedly proficient at generating text that appears human-like, but can it truly emulate the depth of human emotions and the power of a well-crafted story?
Despite its impressive capabilities, GPT-4 still falls short in some areas which leads me to believe that it’s more useful for finding inspiration and writing blog outlines.
For example, GPT-4-generated content is often bland and very similar to competitors’ content. This has potential implications for SEO rankings and customer trust (“gee-whiz it’s another phoney junk article written by a bot“).
GPT-4’s output can also contain mistakes, inaccuracies, and even inappropriate content such as blatant racism and death threats.
Adding further fuel to the fire are political commentators who have also expressed concern over ChatGPT-4’s apparent left-leaning political bias.
GPT-4 and SEO.
Although GPT-4 can produce content that meets many of Google’s guidelines, many SEO experts believe that the search engine prioritizes original, helpful blog posts written by real people.
Despite Google’s guidelines stating “rewarding high-quality content, however, it’s produced“, they’re currently deploying and refining AI to identify AI-written blog posts that violate their spam policies.
Therefore, play the long game by using ChatGPT-4 as a tool to help you to create amazing content that people want to read and share.
Google’s E-E-A-T and quality guidelines are a “must read” for anyone serious about ChatGPT-4 and SEO.
The Future of blog content writing with GPT-4: Collaboration and Adaptation
The rise of GPT-4 does not spell doom for content writers; rather, it signals a shift in their roles.
Writers can leverage GPT-4 to create short-form copy at scale, draft long-form content, and write blog post outlines in seconds.
Human creativity, empathy, and knowledge of their audiences are what separates AI-generated guff from unique and engaging content that stands out in the digital landscape.
So while you may question Google’s motives, it’s important to recognize the value of the irreplaceable human touch.
Using Chat GPT-4 to write a blog post outline in less than 20 seconds.
So now that we know the strengths and weaknesses of OpenAI’s tool, let’s take a gander at how to write a blog post outline using Chat GPT-4.
The first step for using GPT-4 to write a blog post outline is to make the switch from Chat GPT-3 (this is the most advanced version currently available to free users) to GPT-4.
It’ll cost you $20 per month, but trust me when I say that it’s worth every damn penny.
How to upgrade your OpenAI account.
- Step -1: Click on “Upgrade to Plus” followed by “Upgrade Plan“. I experienced a few problems with my request timing out. So persevere until you get to the next step.
- Step -2: Enter your billing details in the checkout. Note this is via a Stripe checkout which is loaded with security and privacy for peace of mind.
- Step -3: Select GPT-4 in the tab above.
Congratulations! You’re now officially using Chat GPT-4.
This version has a cap of 25 messages every 3 hours.
So don’t get too carried with writing blog post outlines!
Ask Chat GPT-4 for blog post ideas.
Now that we have Chat GPT-4 set up, let’s start our outline by asking it for some ideas about your topic.
In this example, I’m going to use “how to write a blog post” as a general topic to give ideas to write about.
Always remember that the more information we give Chat GPT-4, the better the end result will be.
As seen above, I entered the command: “give me 20 blog post ideas about “how to write a blog post” that has the potential to go viral, has little competition on Google and is trending“
This gave me the following blog post ideas:
- The Secret Formula: Writing Blog Posts That Keep Readers Coming Back for More
- The Ultimate Guide to Writing a Blog Post That Resonates With Your Audience
- The Art of Storytelling: How to Write Blog Posts That Engage and Inspire
- Mastering the Hook: How to Capture Your Readers’ Attention in the First Paragraph
- The Power of Persuasion: Writing Blog Posts That Influence and Motivate Your Audience
- The Science Behind Crafting Share-Worthy Blog Posts
- From Idea to Publish: A Step-by-Step Guide to Writing High-Quality Blog Posts
- Blogging Made Easy: Writing Blog Posts for Non-Writers
- How to Write Irresistible Blog Post Titles That Drive Clicks and Shares
- The Blogger’s Toolkit: Essential Writing Tips and Techniques for Crafting Unforgettable Blog Posts
- Finding Your Voice: How to Write Authentic and Relatable Blog Posts
- The Power of Visuals: How to Incorporate Images and Graphics Into Your Blog Posts
- Blogging for SEO: How to Write Blog Posts That Rank High on Google
- Crafting the Perfect Call to Action: How to Write Blog Posts That Drive Conversions
- The Art of Brevity: How to Write Concise Yet Impactful Blog Posts
- How to Write Blog Posts That Foster Community and Drive Engagement
- The Blogger’s Guide to Repurposing Content: Turning Old Blog Posts Into New Gold
- How to Write Data-Driven Blog Posts That Impress and Inform
- Writing for Different Audiences: How to Tailor Your Blog Posts for Maximum Impact
- How to Write Evergreen Blog Posts That Stand the Test of Time
Pretty good, right?
But let’s refine things a little more by asking it the same command but for the topic: “how to write blog post outlines”.
This gave me the following blog post titles:
- The Blueprint for Success: How to Write a Blog Post Outline That Guarantees Results
- From Chaos to Clarity: A Step-by-Step Guide to Creating a Blog Post Outline
- The Mind-Mapping Method: An Innovative Approach to Crafting Blog Post Outlines
- The Perfect Structure: How to Organize Your Blog Post Outline for Maximum Impact
- The Content Planner’s Guide to Creating a Comprehensive Blog Post Outline
- How to Write Blog Post Outlines That Keep You Focused and Productive
- The Power of Outlining: Why Every Blogger Should Embrace the Blog Post Outline
- The 5-Step Process for Creating an Engaging and Informative Blog Post Outline
- The Art of Pre-Writing: Mastering Blog Post Outlines to Save Time and Boost Creativity
- How to Use Blog Post Outlines to Overcome Writer’s Block
- A Visual Guide to Crafting the Perfect Blog Post Outline
- The Reverse Engineering Technique: Creating Blog Post Outlines from Existing Content
- How to Write a Blog Post Outline That Simplifies the Writing Process
- Breaking Down the Barriers: How to Create Blog Post Outlines for Complex Topics
- The Collaborative Approach: How to Create a Blog Post Outline with Your Team
- Adapting Your Blog Post Outline for Different Content Formats and Platforms
- The Power of Flexibility: How to Write a Blog Post Outline That Evolves with Your Ideas
- The SEO-Friendly Blog Post Outline: Writing for Both Readers and Search Engines
- How to Create a Blog Post Outline That Helps You Stay Consistent and Efficient
- The Ultimate Checklist for Writing a Winning Blog Post Outline
As you can see, the titles from both commands are completely different. However, as with any piece of content, it’s important for you to do keyword research to identify what content is likely to attract an audience and has relatively low completion.
How to use a blog post title to write an outline.
Next, I start fleshing out my outline. In this example, I’m going to use the title “The Mind-Mapping Method: An Innovative Approach to Crafting Blog Post Outlines“.
As seen above, I entered the command: “write me an original blog post outline about The Mind-Mapping Method: An Innovative Approach to Crafting Blog Post Outlines” and GPT-4 responded following blog post outline:
Title: The Mind-Mapping Method: An Innovative Approach to Crafting Blog Post Outlines
- I. Introduction
A. Brief overview of traditional outlining methods
B. Introduction to mind-mapping as an alternative method
C. Benefits of using mind-mapping for blog post outlines
- II. What is mind-mapping?
A. Definition and origin of mind-mapping
B. The visual and non-linear nature of mind-mapping
C. Examples of mind-maps
- III. Why use mind-mapping for blog post outlines?
A. Enhancing creativity and idea generation
B. Facilitating clearer organization and structure
C. Making it easier to see connections between ideas
D. Improving memory retention and recall
- IV. How to create a mind-map for your blog post outline
A. Choosing the right tools and materials
1. Digital vs. paper-based mind-mapping
2. Popular mind-mapping software
B. Starting with a central topic or theme
C. Adding main ideas as branches
D. Expanding with sub-branches and supporting details
E. Using color, images, and symbols to enhance your mind-map F. Tips for efficient mind-mapping
- V. Transforming your mind-map into a blog post
A. Identifying a logical flow and order for your content
B. Translating branches and sub-branches into sections and subheadings
C. Using your mind-map as a guide for writing your blog post
- VI. Tips for optimizing your mind-mapped blog post outline
A. Keeping your mind-map simple and focused
B. Regularly revisiting and updating your mind-map
C. Experimenting with different mind-mapping styles and techniques
- VII. Conclusion
A. Recap of the benefits of using mind-mapping for blog post outlines
B. Encouragement to try the mind-mapping method for future blog posts
C. Call to action for readers to share their own experiences with mind-mapping
ChatGPT-4 generated bullet points and ideas for each section of the blog post.
It’s a bit like sculpting – I’m chiselling away at the rough stone of Chat GPT-4’s suggestions until I’m left with a polished, cohesive outline.
Always remember that we’re not writing content for robots.
Our target audience is living, breathing humans.
So don’t be afraid to inject some personality or add a little pizazz to the outline to make it a lot more memorable.
How to Write a Killer Blog Post Outline.
Here are some additional tips for how to write a blog post outline that I find super-helpful:
Keep your blog post outlines simple and focused.
Creating content that drives traffic and engagement comes down to outlining a blog post that is focused on a single, clear idea.
Start by identifying the core message you want to convey in your post. This might be a problem you’re solving, a trend you’re analyzing, or a new idea you’re introducing. Whatever your core idea may be, build your outline around it, focusing on supporting points and examples that reinforce your message.
Use numbers and frameworks.
I’m a big fan of using numbers and frameworks to structure blog post outlines. Specifically, numbers and frameworks that are original and can be referenced by other websites so that you attract backlinks organically.
Start by identifying the key points you want to make in your post.
Then, use numbers to organize those points into a clear, digestible structure.
For example, you might use “5 Steps to…” or “3 Ways to…” to organize your ideas.
In addition to numbers, frameworks help you to structure your blog post outline.
A framework might be a simple formula, such as “Problem, Solution, Action” that helps guide your writing and ensure your post is easy to understand and useful to your audience.
Use storytelling to engage your audience.
When it comes to outlining a blog post, use storytelling to engage your audience and make your content more relatable.
Start by identifying a story or anecdote that illustrates the point you’re trying to make in your post.
This might be a personal experience, a cultural reference or a relevant news story.
Then, build your outline around that story, using it as a jumping-off point to explore your core idea.
Embrace creativity and take risks.
Brands often tie knots around themselves by writing boring content that sometimes comes across as something written for Google bots to crawl and index in search results.
This is the last thing that you want and I really can’t stress how important it is for your business to have a unique voice and unconventional approach to blog posts.
While your style of writing may not be for everyone, some will embrace creativity in your writing.
When outlining your blog post, don’t be afraid to experiment with new ideas and approaches.
This might mean using humour, incorporating multimedia elements, or taking a contrarian stance on a popular topic.
Blogging is a creative endeavour, and sometimes it’s necessary to step outside of your comfort zones in order to truly connect with your audience.
Let ‘er rip tater chimp.
Creating a killer blog post outline once required careful thought and planning.
However, how to write a blog post outline that has the potential to reach a wide audience in 2023 is rather simple: Chat GPT-4.
Remember that Chat GPT-4 isn’t a slam dunk, but instead offers a general structure for you to adapt so that your original content is SEO friendly and more importantly, written for humans by a human.